We want you to enjoy sabre.
Helping you build your own style
Sabre fencing is an incredibly diverse sport. There’s no one body type, personality or technical style that works best: every fencer is different.
Our teaching approach is about helping you discover what works for you.
To do that, we start by introducing you to the full sabre repertoire through our courses:
- Level 1: Basics of Sabre – Learn the basic movements, tactics and rules so you can start enjoying the sport
- Level 2: Core Skills – Add to your repertoire with crucial elements of footwork and bladework
- Level 3: Attack – Build strong, confident attacks and lean to maintain control of the momentum and finish successfully
- Level 4: Defence – Find out how to break your opponent’s attack with distance and bladework techniques for the defence
- Level 5: Winning Priority – Discover how to win control of the bout from the first seconds with techniques and tactics specific for the 4m zone
You can take the courses at your own pace. The objective is not necessarily to have you fighting like a pro at the end of them, but to let you discover what skills and tactics work for you. Our instructors will help you build your own style, and teach you exercises to help master it.
If you want to compete, we have daily training sessions incorporating drills and bout practice, and you can also schedule private lessons to refine your skills.
Our goals for your training
It’s entirely up to you!
If you just want to come in and play the game for fun, you’ll always have company at the club during any of our daily training sessions. Our casual bouting and in-house tournaments have earned a reputation for being welcoming, laid-back and a great place to make friends.
If you want to head off into the competitive circuit, we’re here to help you develop as an athlete: we have trained beginners to compete at state, national, commonwealth and world events. We provide personalised support and guidance for all stages of your sabre career, including regular competitive and development tours around Australia and beyond.
Talk to us about where you’d like to take your training, and we’ll work with you to make it happen.