- Monday to Friday: 6pm-10pm
- Saturday: 10am-6pm
- Sunday: 2pm-5pm
Open at other times for special events — see calendar.
Closed on some public holidays, and for two weeks over Christmas. Contact us for details.
Adult Intro Classes
Every Friday night at 7pm for two hours, Sundays once a month. Other times by appointment.
Upcoming Sunday classes:
- 16 May
- 20 June
Adult Training and Footwork
Monday to Thursday evenings from 6pm-10pm. Saturday afternoons from 1pm-6pm. Sunday afternoons from 2pm-5pm, excluding events (check schedule). See centre manager for piste allocations on the day. There will usually be someone to fence, even if that someone is a dragon or a raider.
We run a group footwork session for all levels and ages, every Monday to Thursday, from 7pm-7:30pm.
Adult classes run Monday to Thursday from 7:30pm-8:30pm, and Saturday afternoons from 1pm-5pm. Read below sections on courses for details.
Adult Course Dates
Our 2021 courses will be starting in the weeks beginning:
- 25 January
- 5 April
- 12 July
- 4 October
Our 2021 Saturday class times will be:
- Level 1: Saturday 1pm
- Level 2: Saturday 2pm
- Level 3: Saturday 3pm
- Level 4: Saturday 4pm
- Level 5: Saturday 5pm.
From 12 July, our weeknight class times will be:
- Level 1: Thursday 7:30pm
- Level 2: Monday 7:30pm
- Level 3: Tuesday 7:30pm
- Level 4: Wednesday 7:30pm
The 2021 Syllabus is below (warning, huge image, arcane language)
You can drop into any class in any order, but it makes way more sense to do the classes in the course order. If you miss a class, just drop into the same class on another day, or arrange for a private catch-up lesson with an instructor when it’s convenient for you (upgrade fee may apply).
- Kids 8-10 years 10am-11am
- Kids 11-13 years 11am-12pm
- Kids 14-17 years 12pm-1pm
- Kids 8-17 years 5pm-6pm
Junior Camp Dates
During the holidays, we run 5-day training camps for kids aged 8-17 years. Sessions run from 9 am – 5 pm.
You’re welcome to pick any combination of days: we are always flexible.
- Winter Camp: Monday 5 July — Friday 9 July 2021
- Spring Camp: Monday 27 September — Friday 1 October 2021
To book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
On Sundays, we run intros, tournaments, workshops or go raiding to external events.
All Sydney Sabre tournaments start at 2pm (doors open 1pm for warmup). They finish between 5 and 6pm, depending on the number of entries.
Entry for fencers is $35 (or you can use up a session pass). Entry for spectators is free.
Grading tournaments also include cake, because these things are important.
- Sydney Sabre 9th Birthday Team Comp: Sunday 23 May 2021
- Under 11, 13 and 15 Term 2 Competition: Sunday 6 June 2021
- Novice Tournament — Winter: Sunday 13 June 2021
- Multiplier Graduation Competition Term 2: Sunday 18 July 2021
- Under 11, 13 and 15 Term 3 Competition: Sunday 12 September 2021
- Novice Tournament — Spring: Sunday 19 September2021
- Under 11, 13 and 15 Term 4 Competition: Sunday 5 December 2021
- Novice Tournament — Summer: Sunday 12 December2021
- Christmas Team Competition: Sunday 19 December 2021